Menindee Lakes....Kinchega National Park

Monday 8 April 2013

Amazing Week!!

I have had the most wonderful week!
It started off (Tuesday) a bit stressful with an early morning call from our SIL.
Our daughter had delivered a baby girl 6.5 weeks early!!
Of course I was frantic at first but was quickly reassured that both were doing exceptionally well!
Thank you God!

I quickly pulled myself together and rushed off to Canberra
to welcome the new addition and to see for myself that all was well.

This is what I found......

I love her name....but I love our beautiful new granddaughter more...

Mummy, Daddy and Zoe...... isn't the love so obvious :)
Zoe came into the world in a big hurry 
weighing 4lb 9oz (very good weight considering),
cried right away and has not needed oxygen at all, 
being tube fed as she cannot suck yet.

Isn't she just perfect!
She is 10 hours old in these photos.

My DD has been discharged but Zoe will remain in the special care nursery 
for approximately 3 weeks - until she is sucking well enough.

Zoe is DD and SIL's first child so living between the hospital and home 
will be slightly easier than if they had another one at home.

I cleaned and washed and cooked for them for several days
and will return in about a week to do more of the same, 
so they can spend all their time with Zoe.

We are so very blessed!

I have more stitching to show next time

Thanks for stopping by
and happy stitching

Aussie Nanna

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG early but glad everything is going well.........congrats.........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

She is perfect...congratulatios Nanna.....

Anita said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Awww what wonderful news. No oxygen is her first great bonus and I'm sure the sucking will come soon. She will be a very tired little baby for a while. Congrats to everyone and look forward to more grand baby stories :) xxx

Candace said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new grandbaby. Thank goodness that she is doing so well. Looking forward to seeing your project when you are ready. Enjoy little Zoe and your family.